Wednesday, 14 October 2009

Button Jewellery Swap.

A little while ago I signed up for the Button Jewellery Swap run by Sam of IncyWincyStitches and was teamed up with Jo from Australia. Neither Jo or I have ever made jewellery before but both decided it would be fun!

Yesterday I received my parcel from Jo, it really cheered me up as I've had a nasty bug for the last week, so was in bed feeling really sorry for myself.

Jo has made me a lovely button bracelet, 2 rings (I particularly like the blue one) and a lovely pendent. Jo has been so clever with the pendent, she has used a buckle as the base to put the buttons on - I love it.

Now I know Jo has received my parcel, I can show you what I made. I found instructions on how to make a button necklace, but it didn't go according to plan, the first version didn't work as the thread I used was too thin, on the second version, the cord was too thick. The third version really worked, but only by accident! I had gone into my study to find some ribbon to try, but came across some wire instead.

I'm really pleased with the wire as you can bend it so the necklace sits exactly as you want. I also made a little button ring.

I then parceled it all up with some spare buttons including some with Union Jacks on, some ribbon, mint Aero (Jo loves mint chocolate) and other sweets. I hope Jo liked it.

Thank you Jo for all my goodies and for making the swap such fun. Thank you Sam for organising the swap. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment