Saturday, 20 June 2009

My adventures in the world of Sock Monkeys - part 1

While exploring crafteroo & various blogs, I have come across some lovely sock monkeys. They looked such fun that I thought I would have a go at making one.

So the other night while sat in front of the telly I had a go, although trying to use my sewing machine on the floor was more difficult than I thought it would be! I followed a pattern I found on the net and was concentrating more on seeing if the pattern worked rather than my stitching (that's my excuse & I'm sticking to it!!).

Here is the result - Monty the sock monkey.

As Issy was so unimpressed with Molly the dolly, I was hoping she wouldn't like Monty either, so I could keep him to myself. However she loves him & he has hardly left her side since she was introduced to him on Thursday morning.

I am really pleased with how Monty turned out, although there are several bits I will do better next time. I've found a pattern for a sock elephant, so I think I will try that next!

3 comments:

  1. ah, he's great!! love the ears :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He looks cool!!! You will have to make yourself one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute sock monkey! isn't that always the way with kids they always like the thing we don't want them to have! Nevermind it's a good excuse to make another one!

    ReplyDelete